Sunday, August 14, 2016

Weather Quiz


Heat Advisories from Virginia to New England today (Source: NOAA)    


Has triple digit heat occurred more frequently in June, July or August during the last 25 years in Washington, D.C.?

A.  June

B.  July

C.  August

D.  A tie between two of the months.



Answer to Weather Quiz question from July 25.

B.  Although all of these are hot scenarios, the National Weather Service defines a “heat wave” as any stretch of three or more consecutive days at or above 90 degrees.  Washingtonians are currently experiencing their sixth heat wave of 2016.

4 comments:

  1. My hunch is August, though I learned from one of your prior posts that July has recorded the highest summer temperature spikes. But I'll stick with the "dog days of August." Final answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your family, I'm going with August!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your thoughtful answers. Check out my new (August 26) question to see if you're correct - and if this month's triple digit heat influenced the answer.

    ReplyDelete